Did you know that the amount of lead that could be contained in a sugar package is enough to contaminate a 1,500 sf home?
According to OSHA, workplace exposure is a major cause of adult lead poisoning and workers exposed to lead dust can inadvertently introduce lead to their homes and family from clothing, skin or shoes. Even very small amounts of lead can be hazardous for pregnant women and young children.
LeadDefender® makes it easier to protect your workers, building occupants, and their families.
- LeadDefender® SEALS AND TREATS LEAD DUST AND LEAD IN LEAD PAINT
- For use as interior or exterior paint, primer and sealant
- Eliminates up to 99% airborne lead dust
- Seals and treats chipping/peeling lead paint prior to component removal
- Seals and treats lead in lead paint to leave in place or for non-hazardous waste disposal
- LeadDefender® IS PROVEN AND PATENTED TO REDUCE LEAD HAZARDS UP TO 95%
- Patented formula chemically converts lead in lead paint and lead dust to provide long term stabilization for non-hazardous disposal
- LeadDefender® PROVIDES MAXIMUM ADHERENCE TO LEAD PAINT SURFACES
- Easily applied paint formula – Spray it on, Brush it on, or Roll it on
- Specially formulated softeners and penetrators to maximize surface adherence
Agencies have several options for dealing with lead based paint; the trick is finding the best solution – one that provides a safer work environment, is cost-effective, easy to use, and eco-friendly. According to the US EPA, lead-based paint removal costs are estimated at $8 -$15 a square foot; a house of 1,200-2,000 square feet could run as much as $9,600 -$30,000.
- LeadDefender® is allowed for use in all 50 states as Lead Paint Interim Control (42 USC 63A 4851b(13)), check your local requirements.
The following table provides a summary of key considerations for selecting your lead based paint mitigation product.
Announcing: Now includes Bitrex® a bitter-tasting additive to discourage oral contact!
ECOBOND LBP's NEW & IMPROVED Paint-it-on Leave-it-on Lead Paint Sealant and Treatment Formula is Now
Lower Cost, Easier-to-Use and Even Safer for Your Family!
ECOBOND™ Lead Defender™
Specially formulated for professional use with patented lead treatment reagents, paint penetrators, softeners and the best professional grade quality latex paint to penetrate, bond, seal and treat existing lead paint applications and control the spread of airborne lead. Advanced human bioavailability reduction, resistance to acid rain and water leaching, low odor, low VOC quick dry resin, excellent adhesion and paint application compatibility. For use on interior and exterior surfaces.
- Superior Lead Treatment Technology – Reduces lead hazards up to 95%, reduce airborne lead up to 99% and reduce lead bioavailability up to 85% (your specific results may vary)
- Bitrex Additive
- Mold and Mildew Resistance
- Fire Resistant
- Very low VOC’s
- Protects Against Acid Rain Leaching
- Excellent Adhesion
- Interior or Exterior Use
- Smooth Finish
- Very Low Oder
- Easy to Use
- Tintable up to 4oz Universal or water based colorant
- Water Clean-up
Note:Dry film preservatives offering excellent, long lasting protection against microorganisms, broad range mildew, algae and fungi that can grow on and potentially damage the coating. No added VOC.
Lead Safety Practices: Always follow lead work safe practices (http://www2.epa.gov/lead/renovation-repair-and-painting-program) and all appropriate guidelines (e.g. OSHA, NIOSH, EPA and all other applicable Federal and State Laws and Regulations). To control lead exposure, the use of a respirator, eye protection, and protective clothing is recommended. Use only with adequate ventilation, if you experience difficulty breathing; leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, seek medical assistance immediately. Avoid contact with eyes and skin; in case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical assistance. For skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
If you scrape, sand, or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log onto www.epa.gov/lead.